In December 2015, President Obama signed into law a five-year highway bill worth $305 billion. The Fixing America’s Surface Transportation (FAST) Act calls for spending approximately $205 billion on the nation’s highways and $48 billion on various transit projects through 2020. How will it impact America’s trucking industry? Below, we take a closer look.
- A safer, more efficient surface transportation network for truckers
- Repaired roads, bridges and railroads
- Accelerated project approvals
- Tougher rail safety standards
- Phase out of older rail cars
- Thicker thermal protection blankets for oil tank cars
- Improved local, regional and national economies
- Facilitation of commerce and the movement of goods
- Reformed Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration CSA system
- Stricter drug testing, improving road safety
- Solutions for driver shortages
- Easier industry entry for military veterans
- Employment opportunities for drivers between 18 and 21 years of age
- Temporary removal of safety performance scores until methodology is overhauled
If you’re in the trucking industry, now’s the time to grow your business and take advantage of these historical changes. Allow RMP Capital to help!
Our Transportation Factoring Program puts you in the driver’s seat with low rates, online access to real-time reports, and free credit reports on your customers. With us, you can offer credit terms that many larger customers demand — without the worries or interruption of cash flow.